Sunday, February 8, 2009


More aceo cards-I am having a blast and it just takes a bit of time. The other day I was wandering around an art show and I noticed that 99 percent of the people are doing abstract things in grays and browns and these depressing colors-some actually turned my stomach-and then I went into a studio that was full of color and wonderful whimsical figures done so wonderfully well that I ended up staying for awhile and talking to the painter. I notice that what I find intriguing are those pictures that tell a story, or start my brain wondering where this was, who this was, what the relationship is. I won't paint the same as everyone else cause it sells-or be bogged down by a pallette because it is fashionable-that does a disservice to my own self which I am not willing to do......and I wonder if the worlds view lends itself to the colors and styles that end up dominating the culture....and why more folks don't take their own stand against it and continue to do what they love to do...interesting question........

No comments: