Monday, February 12, 2018



I think I just may be opening to the idea of FOLLOWING a dream...or of the PROCESS of it all. I used to just see the end...if I am not making xxxx by xxx then what good is it? I put no value on the doing of it, but only on the end product.
 A wise friend asked me why don't you share your process when we were talking about my art,we need to see process, she said, so we are reminded what goes into doing something. I had dismissed process,it is messy and imperfect and uneasy and scary and sometimes so damn awful that you wonder if you ever had a creative bone in your body. Other times you lose yourself in an amazing wonderful world of your very own making ...
Today, you can get anything you want almost immediately. The concept of waiting for something, having to drive to a library for information, having to wait for The Wizard of Oz to be aired near Halloween (man, I miss that-it was such a wonderful thing...we would count the days down and plan out the whole night...)is foreign to most of us.  We only show the best of us -even 'selfies' are carefully edited -and dear lord, if everyone is as happy and fulfilled as their facebook pages show, we would have no self help movement! Maybe its time to show the mess and then we would all heave a huge sigh of relief...because we are all messy and unsure and just making our way.....to what???  Maybe its time to enjoy the way and forget about GETTING there-on all levels

No comments: