Thursday, May 22, 2008



May 22, 2008

Yesterday I did something I have been longing to do but was thinking it was so stupid to have the impulse..I layed on the grass and closed my eyes and let the sun beat down on me. Somehow I needed to just feel the earth and the sun and just be-granted I took a book with me so that anyone passing by would think I has just taken a pause in my reading to contemplate.....and I went into that half drowsy sleep state where your mind just floats.....The dog next door kept barking until I had to reassure it that I was not having a heart attack (she is very concerned about me) It was the best 15 minutes I have spent in years.....I have been busy trying to slow down-think of what that sentence implies..sometimes things seem so stirred up-so many things tugging on you draining you, and suddenly you get a little clarity and you think how foolish it is to buy into it all. It may be only an instant but you GET it...I want to GET it all the minutes of the day..all the seconds of my life. So although I have been slowing down my creativity is at full throttle-only through enjoyment not through the thought more product or what would sell. I bet this lady got it. This is an 8 x 10 acrylic on paper.

No comments: