Tuesday, January 22, 2008



January 22, 2008

One of my favorite subjects-old ladies from my childhood. Since I am 1/2 Serbian and 1/2 Croatian-and yes at war with myself....I have always had a fondness for those old wrinkled peasant faces in babushkas. The wisdom, strength and courage these women had was incredible. It has always saddened me that I didn't appreciate them enough to ask more questions...Most of my memories of these ladies were from up on the range in northern Minnesota where my Grandma lived. My favorite moments were when they all screamed at each other in their native language.

This is done in oils on canvas board. It measures 6 x 8.

Bid on this painting at ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220194912411

1 comment:

Mplsfifi said...

Nice job on the paintings.....I want to see something new and surprising out of you...think outside your box...give me something wild and unexpected! love you