Monday, April 13, 2015





Okay this is just one of the best times I have ever had in my life-and I am not kidding.  I have always been enamored of history, puppets and theatre-and after playing with altoid dioramas for a few years I woke up this morning and it suddenly hit me-Punch and Judy!!!!!!  that crazy duo that has been around for hundreds of years-I have stood in Covent Garden right next to the Plaque that declares the Punch and Judy sighted in the 1660s by Samuel Pepys.  See that is how much of a geek I am.  When reading Pepys diary (and if you haven't, oh what you have missed!!!!)  I almost had an excitement heart attack when I came to the mention of Punch and Judy-Why you ask???  I have no earthly idea.  Maybe it harks back to when I was in grade school and some marionette theatre would come every year and put on shows.    I can still feel the thrill, watching those puppets, watching the story, completely absorbed and lost in it.  It has been a secret dream to do puppet theatre.....oh, how many wonderfully impractical dreamy things I love to do--

so Punch and Judy-in an altoid can-with a back drop-now THAT was a GOOD day

No comments: