Sunday, April 5, 2015




We had brunch with some very  old friends downtown, all I could think of was how darn expensive it was and how I didn't want to eat much.  Then someone asked me if I were happy. and that opened up a dam.  I guess I get so worried about what may happen, or what does not happen, that I totally forget to be here with what is happening now.  One of the gals was a cancer survivor and she had Lymphoma.  We talked about that and I realized how stupidly lucky I am and how I must I MUST stop dwelling in the horrids all the time.   Bottom line I am alive my kids and husband are great.  Every one is healthy and I am still creating-I have to live in that.....

So yesterday I did this quick sketch with acrylics ala 40's portrait painting....I love this style and I am finally happy with what I can do with faces.  I am learning all the time, and when I have a paintbrush in my hand I am so happy and in the now......these are things to cling to....

No comments: