Thursday, February 25, 2010


A year ago today that my sweet baby girl Abbie from next door died-any wonder I started painting angels today without even thinking about it??? I have missed that little girl more than I can say and my heart is torn to shreds for her parents. I can't imagine what they feel every day-I don't think time HEALS I think you only learn to deal with it.....and I think you cling to the lessons someone left you and maybe life becomes a little bit sweeter and maybe you are more tender with the people that show up in your life. And here is another thing I have realized-at the same time I have little time to spend with people who are manipulative and controlling....I no longer want to expose myself to that or the hurt that comes from it. Life is too short, it is too easy to dump your pain on someone else and I won't be around that anymore. There are so many sweet things that to wrap your heat in thorns and demands and the way you think things SHOULD be as opposed to the way they are-therein lies a dangerous path. I am glad that that little girl touched my heart and there will forever be a piece of it missing becaus eshe left us too soon...

1 comment:

Janice said...

Mindy your paintings of angels are very sweet and caring. I am so sorry about your neighbors "little angel" but it sounds as if her short stay on this earth really touched your heart and soul. Your angel paintings show this very well. Be happy Mindy. There are many earth angels that will touch your life and leave you with love and peace in your heart~~~