Friday, February 8, 2008


Feb. 8th, 2008
When I was little I would lay in the iron bed in the middle room of my grandmas house in northern Minnesota and smell the sharpest, greenest odor I have ever smelled. It was dark out and the crickets would sing and the smell was so fresh it made my stomache hurt, and yet I couldn't get enough of it. It would never be as intense during the day as the sun would add a different, less sharp element to it. I have never smelled that again but I remember it so clearly. It was the smell of green. That is the only time I remember smelling a color, I bet heaven smells like that. And flowers and grandmas cooking.......YUM!!!
So this is what I was thinking of as I painted this stone shed in the garden. Overgrown and hidden..maybe thats what the pearly gates look like!!
This is done in acrylics on 8 x 10 canvas board. You can bid for this on ebay at:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESEX:IT&item=220200412847&_trksid=p3984.cSELL.m315.lVI

No comments: