Thursday, February 7, 2008

February 7th, 2008


Back to Gouache (watercolor). The inspiration for this came from an old photo I found in an antique store. Do you ever wonder if your family photos will end up at the bottom of a pile in an old musty store. Some of them ripped out of old photo books with that black paper still on the back testifing to the care with which they once were treated. I feel like I am rescuing their stories. I like this one because they seemed like they were having a good time and a bit full of themselves....rarely do you find one with people laughing during this period...most are so posed and stiff.
and it took me a day and a half......I am trying for a painting a day but life keeps insisting on getting in my way. Wait till I have a maid and a cook and a cabana boy........

This is done on watercolor board sn it measures 9 1/2 x 12
It is available for bidding on ebay athttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220200104380&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

No comments: